Monday, February 14, 2011

It's a new dawn; It's a new day

It's Monday morning after a long, tiring weekend. It's a new dawn; it's a new day. Let the adventure begin! I'm geared up and ready to start down this road to healthy living.

I've completed my list of goals and am happy to say that I've already accomplished 2 of them today and am on my way to completing a 3rd. I've only had 2 cups of coffee and have eaten breakfast, which is a feat in itself. Now I'm working on getting enough water today.

I've made a new page dedicated to healthy recipes. I hope you'll enjoy trying some of these recipes with me each week.

I've noticed a difference in my attitude toward this new adventure compared to all the other times I've attempted to "lose weight." I feel a sense of "I really can do this." Maybe I'm more realistic in my goals and trying to achieve healthiness gives me a different outlook than "I just want to look smaller." A healthy lifestyle can be a permanent thing and something that is life changing.

So, as I start my journey I leave you with this verse. It is used often, but not any less true.

"I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me." Philippians 4:13

No comments:

Post a Comment